Joy is a short word that packs a lot of punch. Dictionary.com defines joy in this way: the emotion of great delight or happiness caused by something exceptionally good or satisfying.
There's research to prove that joy boosts our immune systems, fights stress and pain, and improves our chance of living a longer life. Being joyful could quite literally add years to your life.
Joy is an experience. living a joy filled life is a choice.
Choosing joy means letting go of the things you can't control–which is most things. Having compassion for others, with all their strengths and weaknesses, and having compassion for yourself. Choosing joy means forgiving others and forgiving yourself. To be inspired by others who have learned to choose joy, click here for a great read of short stories by Lisa Leonard.
Given that joy is so important, how can you make joy a habit?
- Choosing to make joy a habit requires you to turn your focus outward. Repetitively.
- Shift your attention away from your problems, your difficulties, and yourself, and think about others. Repeatedly.
- Connect with the feelings of those also affected. Regularly.
At Fidalgo Coffee, our mission is to bring joy to all with quality coffee that’s good for people and good for the planet. Our purpose is to add delight to your day with exceptionally good and satisfying coffee.
Right now, Fidalgo’s seasonal Organic Fall Harvest blend is available for delivery to your doorstep through October. Experience our medium-light roast coffee, full of character, featuring a fresh new crop of coffee from Honduras by ordering today. Terrific crema as espresso. Tasting notes of caramel, stone fruit, and milk chocolate.
Choosing Fidalgo Coffee each day can be a joyful habit! From our kitchen to yours, we invite you to try our Cozy Butterbeer Latte created especially for October. We are optimistic you will love this new recipe and share it with your family and friends.
Cozy Butterbeer Latte
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 4 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2 cups of warm whole milk or milk of choice
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 oz of espresso or brewed coffee to taste
- Cinnamon to taste
- On medium-high heat in a small saucepan melt butter and brown sugar. Once melted add a pinch of salt. Bring to a rolling boil cook for 1 minute to make a caramel-like sauce.
- Add warm milk and whisk until combined. Remove from heat.
- Add vanilla extract and espresso/brewed coffee.
- Pour into two mugs and sprinkle cinnamon to taste.
This recipe can be made “kid-friendly” by leaving out the espresso or using decaf coffee. The possibilities are plentiful with this easy recipe using ingredients already in your home.
Thank you for choosing Fidalgo Coffee. We know you have a choice in your daily delights, and we are so happy to be part of your life. How can the Fidalgo Coffee team serve you today? Contact us at: Orders@FidalgoCoffee.com or order at https://amzn.to/3625diq
Darryl / Fidalgo Coffee